Offering Further Mathematics
The Further Mathematics Support Programme helps schools and colleges to offer A level Further Mathematics by providing support and advice, teaching resources, professional development and tuition for students.
Schools/colleges already teaching Further Mathematics
The FMSP offers:
- Advice on organising schemes of work;
- Resources for teaching Further Mathematics and enriching the course;
- Revision support for students;
- Support for teaching Further Mathematics on reduced time, such as FM Videos;
- Professional development to improve skills and build capacity in your mathematics department;
- Information about curriculum developments and changes.
Schools/colleges setting up Further Mathematics provision
In addition to the support outlined above the FMSP also offers:
- Information and resources to help promote Further Mathematics;
- Tuition support for Further Mathematics;
- Professional development in both subject knowledge and pedagogy to improve the skills of teachers in your department and build capacity for future growth;
If you are thinking of starting up Further Mathematics in your school or college, please contact your local FMSP Area Coordinator for advice and support. Contact details are on the relevant regional page.
A summary of all the FMSP support for schools that are setting up sixths forms is available.